What do you want out of life? Have you ever clearly defined what you want? Almost everyone
is looking for something. Years ago a Japanese company conducted an international survey among 6300 people aged 16 to 22 years, coming from 22 different countries, including the United States. They were asked what they most wanted in life, and their responses revealed that, for them, the only thing more wished in the world was the money! Is this what you want most in life?
- “Whoever loves money never has money enough;
whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.” (Ecclesiastes 5:10).
- “Do not trust in extortion
or take pride in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.” (Psalm 62:10).
- “Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.” (Proverbs 11:28).
- “A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold” (Proverbs 22:1).
- “Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.” (Proverbs 23: 4).
- “for riches do not endure forever, and a crown is not secure for all generations.” (Proverbs 27:24).
- “Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.” (Proverbs 30:8-9).
- “…By your great skill in trading
you have increased your wealth,
and because of your wealth
your heart has grown proud.” (Ezekiel 28:5).
- “Hear this word, you cows of Bashan on Mount Samaria, you women who oppress the poor and crush the needy and say to your husbands, “Bring us some drinks!” The Sovereign LORD has sworn by his holiness: “The time will surely come when you will be taken away with hooks, the last of you with fishhooks. (Amos 4:1-2).
- “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.” (Matthew 6:24).
- “Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.” (Mark 4:18-19).
- “Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!.” (Luke 18:24).
- “People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.” (1 Timothy 6:9-10).
- “The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God’s sight” (Luke 16:14-15).
- “Woe to you who add house to house and join field to field till no space is left and you live alone in the land.”